Friday, June 12, 2009

i win...

Some people say that every mom will think that their child is the most beautiful child in the world. But my mom has said that she can't see that being true. I agree...every mom loves their child more then any other one in the world, but some parents can't be so delusional as to think that they're leprechaun of a child is the pageant winner. But this comes from a mom that has a child that receives compliments on a regular basis. How's that go again? Oh yeah, "Oh my gosh she's beautiful...absolutely beautiful" or "Aww, did you see that baby we just passed?"

Beauty and cuteness aside (it's all in the eye of the beholder anyway, right?), I think temperament is something different all together. While all moms might look at their child and think they belong on the next cover of Parent (even if it would drop subscription rates to a record low and bring in tons of letters to the editor), I don't think parents can deny the way their children behave..... Wait a second - yes, they can.

There are parents crazy enough to think that their child got a D because it's the teacher's fault. If I got a D (this honor student will remind everyone that that may have only happened once, and I blame Jamie for derailing me with his 16 year old swagger) then it was MY fault, not Mr Somethingorother. Lied about where I was going for the night? My fault, not society's. Ugh - now I'm disgusted by what I'm writing and have to pet my pug to make things all better.

The whole point of this post (which didn't go where I thought it would), was that, when I picked Alexis up the other day, I was told "You know, Alexis has become a favorite around here. Teachers from other rooms stop by just to say hi to her." I'll gloat for a second. That being said, I asked if she was moving around alot (aka pulling up, etc). "Honest answer? Not really." Apparently she's so sweet that she's content just sitting there taking everything in. Baby comes and grabs her toy? Ok - I'll watch you play. Someone drops their toy near her? I'll reach for it...it'll do. Content babies don't really have a huge drive to move - why go over there when the sky is blue and the sun is shining right here?

So for the moment, I will revel in the thought that my child really might be able to be on the cover of Parents magazine. I'll bathe in the glory of having a baby that people want to purposely see and complement on her sweetness. My child may grow up to be a funny looking terror, so I'll make sure to love every second of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment