In the coobie at daycare (which seems to be the exchange hub of all things baby), we recently received a letter telling us that Miss Alexis will soon be making the transition to the pre-toddler room. This move marks the first daycare milestone for her, and also marks the first discount we'll receive in tuition. Getting older? Then you're cheaper to care for.
Jamie and I reviewed this letter, and in it there were certain stipulations that need to be met in order to move up. Some where no problem. Finger foods, for example. She'll eat any foods, finger or otherwise, so that one's covered. But there was one that made me think, "oh no, that's not going to fly with her."
Children in the pre-toddler room are required to take only one nap, between 1:00 and 3:00. Fine - that might work. But, more importantly, the nap needs to occur on a nap mat. These nap mats are a cross between a mini-Ikea mattress and half of a sleeping bag. Some are more stylish then others, and I imagine the need to keep up with the Jones' will force me to find a high end one somewhere. In any case, they are expecting that my daughter lay on this mat, stay there, and sleep.
Somehow they must "train" them to do this, otherwise no child would ever move up and give their parents the gift of a tuition discount. I try not to consider the practices that would work...the ones that would eventually end up on the nightly news with "Goddard straps children down for nap time...that and more tonight at 10." My understanding is that they've been sitting with her and rubbing her back. Power to them. I'll believe it when I see it.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment