Monday, January 25, 2010

a walk in the park...

12 days?? It's been too long.

Alexis and I went to a small park on Saturday afternoon. The park has a relatively long path surrounding it, so I figured it would be nice to toddle along a bit. My child decided she wanted to walk around this entire thing. Seeing as those little legs don't exactly allow for speedy movement, I had to walk next to her at a snail's pace, in turn giving me a much needed lesson in patience. A couple with a dog was walking in the opposite direction - they passed us about three times, and each time Alexis was absolutely thrilled to see him and said "doggy" more times then I can count.


After we finished our loop, I took her to the little playground on site. Most of the contraptions were too advanced for her. There was, however, a nice little tunnel that she was more then happy to sit in. At one point, a girl about 5 or 6 years old popped into one end of the tunnel. She calls to her mom, "I found a baby to play with!" Alexis was psyched to see this girl and proceeded to chat her up. The girl looks at me with a look on her face like, "what the hell is she saying?" I shrugged and said, "only she really knows what she's saying, just go with it."

My little one spent a g
ood bit of time in the tunnel, her hair building up an insane amount of static until each strand seemed to want to stick to a different part of the plastic. She laughed her little heart out watching the bigger girl pop in and out. I admire the ability children have to make connections. These two couldn't communicate and had never met each other, but were absolutely thrilled to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment