My lord - a month has passed and I haven't posted. I have a valid reason (in my eyes). Typically, I'd been writing my posts from the comfort of my work desk. Suddenly, the black screen of death popped up when I tried to open BlogSpot. Basically, it's a black screen with two eyeballs, fire, and a warning that you're looking at something inappropriate. Apparently my blog is too risque. I've missed my blogging and I think some readers have missed it as well, so I'm going to commit to a weekly post each weekend.
In that month of blog silence, so much has happened. A month in baby time is like years in adult time. Even then, I think they learn more in a month than we even bother learning anymore in over a year, or even in the rest of our lifetime, depending on the person.
Her vocabulary is insane. As was the case before, she may not be the most coordinated of children, but her communication skill are off the chart. (Please note - I'm not making this up. Other parents as well as the teachers have told us so.) Some of her new favorite things:
Where ee go? (Where did he/she/it go?)
Whahappened? (What happened)
Izokay (It's ok)
Eereego (Here you go)
She says "angkoo" (thank you) every time you give her something. She tells Rambo to "gehdown" (get down) from the couch when she's sick of him. She says "ssshhh...daddy seepin" when Jamie's still in bed in the morning. She's great at putting whole phrases together too. Multiple words and thoughts all mushed together, but distinguishable to Jamie and I.
One of the things that absolutely cracks us up right now is her use of "okay". Suddenly, it sounds as though we are the ones bugging her to do things. For example, she's look at Jamie and pat his legs and say "ubhere?" when she wants to sit on his lap. He'll say, "you want to get up here?" She'll say, "Okay" as if Jamie was the one that asked her to do it in the first place. Instead of "yes", everything has turned to "Okay".
She's running around and learning new things each day when it comes to agility and maneuvering the world around her. You watch her do something incredibly simple (like shake a cup to get a stuck Mega Block out of it, and you wonder how she knew to shake it to get it out.)
Her relationship with the pups is growing, and they're more willing to interact with her now as well. She'll stick her face in Rambo's, and when his whiskers brush her face, she'll say "tickle tickle". She'll hug them goodbye when we leave the house. For some reason, she's taken to trying to sit on Ripley, which she doesn't exactly appreciate.
Again - so much has happened, and not blogging for a month means that I've lost jotting down some of those new moments as they happen. Seeing as this is a place to not only share her life and the bizarre, hilarious things called toddlers/parenthood/etc, but also a place for me to keep track of things for my own purposes, I need to get back on the blogging track!
Keep an eye out for posts on the weekends now!
Missed you all!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Anghoo! I enjoy reading your blogs! Grammy
ReplyDelete