Yesterday, I get a refill for my seizure medication, and they give me a generic brand. Pharmacist insists that it's the same. This morning, I wake up feeling incredibly "off" (no other way to describe it...you can only understand if you have seizure disorder too). Head out to work, only to stop at Wawa thinking, wow, I should not be driving. Jamie picks me up and drives me to my 9:00 OB appointment. We tell the OB/GYN, and she is NOT pleased that they gave me a generic. Turns out that while pharmacists will tell you it's the same, in many cases, they're not identical medications (and apparently, in the case of my meds, they're far off enough for it to be an issue).
Doc was concerned about how I was feeling and decided that it's time to get her out. Sooooo...Jamie and I need to call the hospital at 4:30 to confirm that a bed is open, at which point we go in, they start me on meds to induce me, and we take it from there. (So technically, I'm going into "labor" on her due date...imagine that!) I'm still only 1cm, so we're definitely forcing nature here, so it could be a whole day or so to get me to where I can deliver her. This wasn't the plan, but at the same time, at least now it's "planned" and we know she's on her way.
And of course, through all of this, what am I thinking about?? My poor puppies who are going to become quite lonely over the next few days with only the occasional visitor to let them out or feed them! If you're bored and feel like keeping two little pups company, let us know! : )
We will be sure to keep everyone posted as to when she actually arrives and how she's doing at that point (and of course how I'm doing...we can't forget about me!).
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm thinking about you guys :) Hang in there and be positive!!
ReplyDeleteDear Jessica and Jamie,
ReplyDeleteHearty congratulations!!!!
I've just got a mail from Alexis "newly made" grand dad with the great news. She is a big girl your baby Alexis! Hope she and you, Jessica are doing fine and looking forward to seeing many pictures of all of you...