Monday, September 29, 2008

picture perfect...

We're starting to build quite a collection of pictures of our little one, and she's only 3 and a half weeks old. This, of course, is to be expected with her being our first child and the first grandchild in the family. If a second child comes along, they will be doomed to having half as many pictures taken of them with much less fanfare...a curse of being the second child.

Of course, right now, each picture looks pretty much the same as the previous one. Most of them are of her sleeping, simply in different positions in different places. Those where she is awake are also all similar...she'll
be wearing something different, but she'll still have that semi-blank what's-going-on-and-where-did-that-bright-light-come-from face. Of course, there are also pictures of different people holding her, so that mixes things up a bit I guess (and I absolutely love the ones of Jamie holding her - nothing cuter then men with babies).

I love what my mom did - she took all of the pictures of me, made doubles of alot of them, and created an album of just my baby pictures. She put copies of them into her own personal albums, intermixed with other pix of things going on in their life. When I moved out, my mom gave me the album comprised of just my baby pictures, and I love looking at that and having it in my possession. I am in the process of starting the same for Lexi and hope she'll appreciate that as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment