Friday, September 26, 2008

who my baby-daddy?...

While I'm sitting at home, schedule revolving around Lexi's needs, I keep a steady stream of Daytime TV in the background. May I say that most of Daytime TV is AWFUL. If that isn't a reason for the unemployed to find work (any kind of work), then I don't know what would be. Let's run down through some of my favorites...

I'm amazed as to what Maury has been reduced to. There was a time where he had a legitimate talk show, but now, on a DAILY basis, he has women on the show who are on a mission to prove that a certain man (or one of ten, depending on the woman), via DNA, is the baby-daddy. Jerry Springer-like fights ensue to the point where Maury now has his own security staff on board, ready to break up these woman vs. man fights.

The new Price is Right is actually pretty good. Drew Carey makes a good Bob Barker (though quite a few pounds heavier, alot younger, and missing some of the Bob charm, but he has the fact that he's much funnier going for him). Can you guess the price without going over? In this market, you can't even guess how much a grapefruit is going to cost, let alone a hybrid Toyota or something.

Of course there's a myriad of soap operas to choose from. I used to watch one called Passions (a soap opera with a supernatural spin...they had witches and stuff), but can't seem to find that one now. I could probably pick a different one and wouldn't even notice. What I love about soap operas is that each hour is devoted to a half hour or more of recapping what happened the week before via mediocre scripting, and then the next half hour takes the story line a tad farther. I could probably pick up The Young and the Restless and know where the story is going even though it was something I watched with my mom when I was in kindergarten.

I haven't been reduced to purchasing things from home shopping networks, but it may only be a matter of time. I need to remember the hefty child care bills that are on the way before purchasing hangers where clothes don't slip or fake hair that clips onto the back of my head to suddenly give me long hair. I think I can contain myself.

SEI employees following this blog, keep an eye on me when I return - Day Time TV withdrawal is second to Postpartum Depression.


No comments:

Post a Comment