When I say trauma, I have to admit that I'm not sure whether it was more traumatic for me or for Lexi. It's a good thing that Jamie wasn't the one watching her during this time...I think that it would have resulted in a phone call to his mom (who is at work) asking for her to come over and take care of it.
This was our first good poo cleaning. I'm sure that there are many, many more messes like this to clean up. Lexi and I took a trip to wherever fate might take us. It turns out fate took us to the Philly Outlets in Limerick to wander around. She was happy there (mostly sleeping) and happy in the car. Then about 10 minutes from home she started to get awfully fussy. I figured she simply had enough. We get home and I pick her up out of her seat, and I'm thinking, gee she must have been sweating alot. Of course then I assumed it was tinkle. Lo and behold, I pull off her pants to reveal a onesie that was obviously dirty with more then pee. The "other" stuff in there had not only filled the diaper, but proceeded to go up her stomach and back (I'm assuming the harnesses in the seat left room for it to go nowhere else but up). It took me a second to figure out how to get a yucky onesie up over her head without getting the stuff all over the poor girl's face. After some strategic maneuvers, I got that off and then proceeded to evaluate how exactly to clean the bugger. Washcloths, towels, and baby soap all did the trick, but she of course was red faced, screaming, and flailing about (which didn't help matters) the whole time. I'm assuming she now has a poo complex and will never want to sit in her car seat again.
On another note, I have a sling coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm praying to whatever diety or entity that will listen that she'll enjoy this contraption. If so, I'll be able to pop her in there and still have both hands free, allowing me to get things done. I've been ordered on multiple occasions to sleep when she does, but I just don't have it in me to do that, so this sling will be a great helper. We'll see. Pray to your diety for me too.
And finally, I'm putting a call out for someone to invent something that will keep a pacifier in a baby's mouth. (I'm not sure duct tape or a rubber band is appropriate). I think there's a real opportunity for a patent there. Good luck.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment