Jamie and I keep bottles ready in Lexi's room at night. Each is filled with 4.5 ounces of water and has all the necessary parts ready to go. All we need to do then (in the early hours) is add the formula, stir, and it's ready. This morning at 6AM, I got up to go through the motions, but at the same time went to let the dogs out. I put the top back on the bottle after mixing then went to the back door to let the dogs back in. Came back in, picked Lexi up, sat down in the rocker, tipped the bottle to put it in her mouth, and a WAVE of formula spilled over her face, on the floor, on my arm...everywhere! Turns out I hadn't actually screwed the top onto the bottle...just set it there. (BAD MOMMY!)

She's in tears (understandably), I'm close to tears (I felt so bad), and Jamie (I ran to ask for his help) probably wasn't pleased either. Next step - impromptu sponge bath for the hungry, wet, and sticky little baby. Meanwhile Jamie's getting yet another bottle ready for when we're done...nothing better to make her feel better after this debacle.
Yesterday we had the poo trauma which may have scarred her from wanting to sit in the car seat. I'd say that this formula trauma would be enough to scare her from bottles for life, but I highly doubt that.
Let's see what other traumatic events I can smoosh into this week...it's only Wednesday!

i can see the red in her hair!
ReplyDelete