Tuesday, September 9, 2008

who knew?...

I've learned a few things over the past few days...

1. There are amazing remedies out there. Cabbage, for example, is a wonder-drug and is even shaped appropriately for it's intended function. Cabbage isn't just for stinky meals anymore! Also, witchhazel is a beautiful thing. I'd like to meet this witch named Hazel and thank her for her magical miracle.

2. There is such a thing as semi-sleep. When sitting up at night at 2:30 AM, rocking the baby, I know I'm awake, but at the same time when I close my eyes, I'm not all there either. Semi-sleep would have been handy in college.

3. Babies eyes are this really cool dark color. That being said, if you'd like to see her eyes, you'll need to come visit us around 2:00 AM. She'll keep them open for a good hour then. Otherwise, those eyes are sealed shut.

4. Embarrassment/Humiliation are no longer something that I have. There are things that I've talked about with Jamie, or that I've sent Jamie out to purchase, or that Jamie's seen for that matter, that I would NEVER have thought I'd be comfortable sharing. Nurses with questions or wanting to check something out...feel free...nothing to hide here anymore.

5. Water is heavy. I've already lost 30 pounds (trust me, there's plenty left to go). For those of you that saw me before I had her, you know that my ankles were non-existent and I only had one pair of shoes that fit on those swollen feet. My hands were unable to don my wedding rings, and my wrist was too fat for my watch. Suddenly, I have ankles, feet, wrists and fingers, and even my face is less puffy. I'm thinking 20 of those 30 pounds must have been water...

PS -- Alexis had her first doc appointment today and is doing great!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that everything is going well ... and seems like your doing a good job at posting on the pages.

    ReplyDelete