Thursday, October 30, 2008

babies r stupid...

Quick complaint. Loved Babies R Us for my registry. Loved using the reviews as a guide for what I needed and what I shouldn't buy. Bought so much stuff we needed with gift cards and loved that I could return things to the store for new things that worked better for us (or to get store credit and buy diapers or something).

I received a few gifts (from my registry) from people who ordered the item online and had it shipped to my house. One of those items, a sling, just didn't work for my sweetie. I took it to the store, and was told that they didn't carry the in stores, so I'd have to return it by sending it in. Ok...makes sense. Figure I'll get a store credit sent to me so I could buy something else (which is the typical process for registry items). Sent it in via instructions on gift invoice. It was weeks ago and I hadn't gotten anything, so I called. Here's what I was basically told:

Returns need to be in the form of the original payment. Because Barry bought this item, it was credited back to his credit card. So I basically gave back my gift to Barry. Am I now supposed to say to Barry, "Hey, can you buy me something new?". The woman tells me that if I had returned it to the store, I would have gotten store credit. But I COULDN'T return it there. "I'm sorry, this is the policy". I told her it was asinine...that isn't how registries work. "Would you like to talk to a supervisor?" Yes please! On hold... "I'm sorry, no one is available, probably because it's our lunch hour. I can have him call you within the next 24 hours...what number would you like us to use?". Are you kidding me??!! Like he's actually going to call me!!

I find this all outright ridiculous, and if he does call, I'm going to see that I get something. When we had a mix up with furniture at Ikea (we've all been there) that resulted in two trips out there, I was nice about my complaint and got a $25 gift card out of it. Let's see what I can finagle out of this one. Dumb-asses...

2 comments:

  1. Add to the fact that you look like a tool to Barry, because he sees this credit on his card and thinks "well, I guess they didn't like my gift". Interesting story; I had to return a dup on my registry, and the woman in front of me returning something NOT on her registry without a receipt. Turns out they just changed their policy and she was unable to return it since it was outside the 30 day window. She was really pissed. So there she is stuck with something she couldn't use OR return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same happened to me on a different item. Before, could return something if on registry without gift reciept. Now, if outside window (and since it's far to drive to Exton for us), am stuck with it...

    ReplyDelete