In the meantime, here is our dear little girl with her Great Aunt Beth (though I've taken to calling any Aunt "Auntie [insert name here]". As a side note, Jamie is an only child and it's just me and my brother, so I've told my brother that he is the sole source of cousins, and whoever he marries is the only aunt...no pressure. So I've taken to dubbing numerous close friends as surrogate Aunts and Uncles. Jamie's friend since childhood and his fiance, that friend's mom, etc. These people, though not family, have been inducted into our little family to take the pressure off of my brother. If a person has love for her, then they can and should be a part of our family...that's what family is. Ok...post is a little longer then intended. Back to work! (You too Jamie, if you've taken time out to read this.)Monday, October 20, 2008
sleeping beauty...
A very short post today, for two reasons. First, I posted late Friday night, so for those of you that check this out during the workweek, you can read that one. Second, when I told Jamie that the little one sleeps in her swing for about 3 hours in the morning, I had to fess up that I spend alot of that time on the computer, and a good portion of it blogging. So I have a number of chores to complete now during my morning "breather", but rest assured, I will only give in for a day to his supposed pant-wearing and start wearing the family pants again tomorrow.
In the meantime, here is our dear little girl with her Great Aunt Beth (though I've taken to calling any Aunt "Auntie [insert name here]". As a side note, Jamie is an only child and it's just me and my brother, so I've told my brother that he is the sole source of cousins, and whoever he marries is the only aunt...no pressure. So I've taken to dubbing numerous close friends as surrogate Aunts and Uncles. Jamie's friend since childhood and his fiance, that friend's mom, etc. These people, though not family, have been inducted into our little family to take the pressure off of my brother. If a person has love for her, then they can and should be a part of our family...that's what family is. Ok...post is a little longer then intended. Back to work! (You too Jamie, if you've taken time out to read this.)
In the meantime, here is our dear little girl with her Great Aunt Beth (though I've taken to calling any Aunt "Auntie [insert name here]". As a side note, Jamie is an only child and it's just me and my brother, so I've told my brother that he is the sole source of cousins, and whoever he marries is the only aunt...no pressure. So I've taken to dubbing numerous close friends as surrogate Aunts and Uncles. Jamie's friend since childhood and his fiance, that friend's mom, etc. These people, though not family, have been inducted into our little family to take the pressure off of my brother. If a person has love for her, then they can and should be a part of our family...that's what family is. Ok...post is a little longer then intended. Back to work! (You too Jamie, if you've taken time out to read this.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment