Friday, November 21, 2008

look at those legs...

I had started the week with sending her to "school" in her PJs. Why not? What was she going to be doing that required her to be dressed to the 9's? Mind you, she the only girl out of a group of 4, so there are plenty of older men to choose from, but PJs might be very appealing to them (PJ's...bed...there's a connection there). However, once I got a compliment on the cute outfit she wore Tuesday, I felt obligated to be cute every day from there on. She will need to recycle outfits quite quickly - she'll need to suffer the embarrassment of wearing the same onesie twice in close proximity...the horror!


My favorite get-up is a simple white onesie (of which we have plenty) and her pink argyle tights. The tights are size 0-6 months, so on her, they're relatively easy to put on and take off. Were they not, I'd be concerned that the nice ladies at the center would give me dirty looks as I dropped her off and picked her up. When I set her down the morning she wore these tights, she looked awfully slumped. I tried straightening her out (such a heavy head on a wobbly body, I thought), but again, head down. I then realized that she was enthralled with her tights. Babies like contrasting colors, and as you can see by the picture, these jobbies are quite the eye-catchers. She sat there, staring at her tights, and almost seemed to be moving her legs and at the same time reaching for them. I'm pretty sure, however, that she has no idea that the legs are hers, that moving them has nothing to do with the argyle print moving, and that reaching for them means reaching for her own toes. Regardless, I wish I could put on an article of clothing and be content with staring at them. Such inexpensive hours of entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment