Saturday, November 15, 2008

the time has come...

Well, ladies and gents, Monday marks a momentous occasion. It is the date of my return to work. SEI and I will be reunited. I'm hoping the transition back into the work-world is a smooth one. Before my pregnancy, it was all about my career. Then, during my pregnancy, I started to think about things a little differently, but it was relatively similar to my pre-maternal state. However, I realized that I had no idea where my head would be when I returned. I'd be returning from 10 weeks of time away. I'd be mom.

Would I be as career driven as before? Would I be even more so then before, realizing that a progression in my career would eventually result in more financial stability for our little family? Or would I decide that my career isn't as important as it was; instead it was simply an income to support us, with my only priority being mom?
I have a feeling things will be somewhere in the middle. I didn't go to school for 4 years and work hard since then to simply give it all up. At the same time, I do have a new role as mom (one which I didn't interview for yet hope I qualify for).

I think the word of the day for me will be prioritize...or I guess the word of every day. Also, compromise. If I keep those things in mind, then I should feel fulfilled. I want to set a good example, I want to enjoy myself, and also want to be able to look back and say, "I'm glad I made the decisions I did, and me and my family are all the better for it." I'll take things one at a time, follow both my heart and my brain, and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment